Sunday, April 13, 2008

TAG, You're IT!!

My sister-in-law, Leslie Call "tagged" me, and since I've never responded to one of these before, I thought I would for a change. So, here goes:

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?

Well, I was pregnant with Lindsay. Tim and I were still newlyweds. I was working at KeyBank in downtown Syracuse, NY while Tim worked on his second year of Physical Therapy school. It was such a magical time, seriously. Being married was incredible. Being pregnant was miraculous. It was like everything I had ever dreamed about growing up was all coming true. Cheesey, I know, but really that's how I felt. It was awesome.

2. Five Things on My To Do List
  • send new baby gifts to Baby Dean (my nephew, born Feb 29!!) and to Jackson Temple Hiserman (my friend Lisa's baby boy, born Jan 15)
  • send a 5th birthday gift to my Emma G!!!!! (my sister's daughter)
  • organize and clean the entire house....
  • order swim suits and sandals from Lands End while they still have their free shipping promo (seriously, the flip-flops I ordered from them 2 summers ago for the kids are still going strong)
  • finally figure out, once and for all, the Tim Owens Family Budget System. My sis, Catherine, is my idol. If she can do it, I can do it.

3. What snack do I enjoy?

When I'm on Weight Watchers (which is NOT right now...): cheese stick, Fiber One bars (which are surprisingly tasty and good for you), an apple, or a nice, tall glass of ice water... Seriously, I used to consider those things a snack. I guess that's why I was a size 6.

When I'm not on Weight Watchers (which is now): any and all food product that I can get my hands on at any given moment, the more fat and carbs the better!! This past week that has meant: the last box of Tagalongs (Girl Scout cookies), the final Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs from Easter, an entire Easter Basket's worth of candy that I got at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory for 75% off!!, ice cream with melted peanut butter, chocolate syrup, chopped nuts and/or hot cocoa powder on it. I guess that explains why I'm almost 5 months postpardum, and I'm still a healthy size 14. (Sigh!)

4. What would I do if I were suddenly a billionaire?

Weird question. All my needs are met. I can't imagine wanting too much more. I guess I'd love a house on a lake, because that would fulfill the boyhood (and the I-want-to-be-like-my-older-brother) dream of my sweet husband. I'd love to buy a house for both sets of grandparents here in Fort Collins, so they'd all come and visit more often or better yet just move here. Maybe I'd start a foundation that would concentrate on helping people develop sound parenting skills (starting with myself). There could be weekend getaways for parents to come together and really concentrate on the best ways to raise our kids into happy, healthy (physically AND emotionally) adults.

5. Three Bad Habits

  1. I put off calling people back until it's too late at night, and then I can't call them back. I guess, just procrastination in general.
  2. I let my anger get the best of me with my kids and fly off the handle way too often.
  3. My self talk is too negative a lot of the time: "I have no friends here. I'm totally un-organized. I failed again." The list goes on. :):)

6. Six Places I've Lived

  1. Saratoga, CA
  2. Provo, UT
  3. Moscow, Russia
  4. Syracuse, NY and Buffalo, NY
  5. Salt Lake City, UT
  6. Fort Collins, CO

7. Five Jobs I've had

  1. SAHM - Stay at home Mom
  2. Substitute Teacher
  3. Receptionist/Administrative Assistant
  4. Piano Teacher/Voice Teacher
  5. BYU Telefunder (I was even the Telefunder of the Month once. The golden cougar got to sit at my cubicle. :):))

8. Five Things People Don't Know about Me:

  1. Though I try to laugh most things off and tend to be self-deprecating, I do take things really personally.
  2. The first time I have about 3 hours free every week I'm going to take cello lessons and a German class.
  3. I'm a perfectionist, but not your typical one. I mean, I'm totally okay with leaving the house with wet hair and no make-up, and I'll invite the whole ward over even if my house isn't immaculate. But when it comes to the standards I hold myself to in the area of personal relationships, I set my expectations way too high. It's hard. How could I ever be a perfect parent or perfect wife? Is there such a thing?
  4. I totally had to chase Tim. :):) Oh yes, and it was worth every ounce of effort. Believe me!!
  5. I think I might be turning into a bright, green environmentalist. See what moving to Colorado can do to a person?

The funny thing about that last question was that there is so little that people don't know about me. On the Bad Habits list, I was going to put that I always divulge too much personal information (also known as diarrhea of the mouth). If you know me, you know all about me whether you wanted to know or not.

Well, I guess I'm supposed to tag five other people, but I don't think I know 5 other bloggers. Oh well. :):) It was fun for me to do anyway.

8 comments:

eldredgered said...

seriously caroline, i sooooo miss living by you, you are an awesome, loving, giving, energetic, talented person!

Erika said...

Fun to read!! 10 years has flown by. Remember about 9 years ago I came out to see you guys in Syracuse when i was living in NYC? That was so fun! You are so great, Caroline!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Teclado e Mouse, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mouse-e-teclado.blogspot.com. A hug.

linda said...

Caroline-
Cara just forwarded me your blog! I am so glad to see it. how are you? how is Colorado? I love seeing this and seeing you. I hope you are well.
Linda

linda said...

Caroline-
Cara just forwarded me your blog! I am so glad to see it. how are you? how is Colorado? I love seeing this and seeing you. I hope you are well.
Linda

linda said...

I swear I didn't push the button twice! sorry.
linda

Anonymous said...

You are such a happy person...I always though you were a great example of womenhood

Homewiththekids said...

I really wish I could call you right now. But seeming as it is 11pm and nobody calls this late with good news, I will have to wait until the morning. You've brightend my cloudy day. Cath