Friday, February 27, 2009

Something new

Okay, so for my Mom's generation of moms, it was the photo album that always hung over their head as the project that needed doing. It was the project that the we as kids resented that she never did. How many boxes of unmarked pictures are in her garage? But I am now slowly realizing that my own kids are going to resent that I wasn't more diligent with our family's blog, especially considering that I could just write a little bit about what we do every day or so and then print up one book per year. Voila!: Our family's history in print. I've been uncomfortable, though, with how to do a sort of journal/family history without sharing too much personal information. Sooooo, I've decided to go private and really put some effort into this blog-o-world. I think it would be so cool to have a blog book per year of the Owens Family's Adventures. Now, how do I go private? Hopefully, I'll be more successful in that endeavor than I was in trying to upload the puppy videos. We'll see. One final picture to remember us by:

8 comments:

Lew said...

I LOVE that picture!! How in the world did you get everyone smiling so big? Was this a photoshop headswap or were your kids just that cooperative? You all look so great!

jt said...

Caroline, what a great family photo! I need to do better too, thanks for the inspiration.

Let me know if you go private though, it took forever for me to finally find you again!

Van Ry Clan of Layton Ave said...

Caroline, I cannot believe how big everyone is! How are you guys doing?

emily said...

You better invite me to still read your blog when you do go private...

:)

lmhiserman said...

I want to be invited too. I really miss you, my Sweet Caroline!
Love you,
Lisa
PS~I'm such a terrible friend, I forgot to call you on your birthday. I did leave you a message a day or two late. I'm not sure if you got the message though.

emily said...

email me...sorry I didn't make it down to help with your blog questions! egwaltonATgmailDOTcom

jennie said...

Hey Caroline!!! So fun to see your blog. Your family is too cute!

Homewiththekids said...

The airport story was so great!!! I could just picture everyone running. And of course, my personal favorite, the puke phobe! Brought on by yours truly. And yes someone did puke on my foot. Good thing I wasn't alittle closer, cause it could've been in my lap. And btw you are the original puke phobe!!! Your loving sister, Cath