Sunday, April 26, 2009

Another Week

As I type this, it's pouring rain outside. To me, rain is the sound of winter. I still can vividly remember lying in my bed falling asleep to the drum of raindrops on the roof above. It's funny to think that this California girl has now lived through winters in Utah, Russia, Buffalo, and Colorado. I have to say that weather isn't a huge thing with me. I like the variety that comes with each of the seasons. And I think I'm saying that honestly.

This week was full again. Mainly, we had the usual busyness of school for the kids, work for the parents, etc. If this is truly my new "Owens' Family Journal", I should write a little about what we did.

The kids had no school on Monday. Lindsay had a play date, so the boys wanted to do something fun. We decided to go to Fort Fun! It's sort of like a Chuck E. Cheese experience, plus they have bumper cars. I even remembered to throw my camera in my purse (yes, Mom, I finally have one. Does that mean I'm grown up now?). So, you ask yourself, where are the pictures? I took my camera out of my purse and went to turn it on and realized: no batteries. Sigh...Maybe next time.

Tuesday and Thursday morning it was my turn to "teach" Joy School. Wow. It's a bit crazy sometimes. Some of the kids aren't quite ready for anything really structured, so I try to keep my expectations low. We made "Stone Soup" on Thursday. That was fun. Wesley enjoys it, but he is already looking forward to his new pre-school that he'll start this fall.

Wednesday I finally got the piano tuned. The guy opened it up and found that the damper rod had bumped off and fallen on the hammers. Hence, the clumps of keys that haven't been playing lately. Nice. Also, that afternoon my neighbor and I rented an aerator and aerated our lawns. I'm still sore through my shoulders and triceps. I guess I should add lifting weights to my exercising.

No week would be complete without a trip to the orthodontist. Lindsay seriously busts something off those braces of hers once a week. That orthodontist is going to really regret offering to do the braces for free for our kids. It looks like each one of our kids will need them. Neither Tim nor I ever had them.

Friday and Saturday we got a vegetable garden going. We de-sodded a nice chunk of our back lawn and are pretty much ready to plant some tomatoes, zucchini, and any other vegetable we can think of. Tim keeps on trying to think of the veggies that are expensive in the stores. He's funny.

I got a picture of the kids this morning after church. I had them in their Easter/Spring outfits. The picture turned out okay. My normal camera (besides being found ocassionally to be without batteries) has some weird dark blotch in the upper right corner. I used the still shot on the video camera. It doesn't do well in some lighting. Anyway, here's the picture.


Plus, here's a totally cute video of the best bed head this side o' the Mississippi!!


3 comments:

Jen said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!! (and you!!)

Lew said...

So cute!! Lindsay looks so old in that picture! Oh my goodness...seriously, she looks like a little woman.
Love the video of Julia. She is adorable! Love you guys!

emily said...

Look at you! Totally keeping updated! Good job...