Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Update

So, I haven't posted in a while (how many of my posts will start with that...). I'm just looking on my camera to see any pictures that would be of interest.


Wesley had his third birthday. We had a fun day. We just had a family from our ward over for some cake and ice cream. I think he had fun. His face says it all, right?



Miles had his 8th birthday. It was on a Sunday, so to make it extra special I made him breakfast in bed. He loved it.


We also had a birthday party for him this past weekend. We had a Backyard Carnival theme. It was fun. We invited his whole class. Some of the girls were brave enough to come to a boy's birthday party. We had tons of games and candy and fun. Well, I just checked my pictures, and there are no good ones of his party. Oh well.


The fourth graders at school participate in this program called "The Invention Convention". It's been really cool. Lindsay has had to go through this big process of what it is to invent something. She's gotten really interested in Leonardo da Vinci complete with a phone call home from her teacher. He called to apologize that Lindsay had read ahead in a new book about da Vinci and had apparently happened upon the chapter that talks about some people accusing da Vinci of being homosexual. Poor Mr. Shoemaker. I'm sure he was nervous to have to tell me. Little does he know that we've basically had every conversation possible with Lindsay. She's like obsessive-compulsive curious, and I've always felt like I should just be calm and honestly answer any of her questions. It's taken us to some pretty crazy places, but I digress. Back to the "Invention Convention". Lindsay's idea is a Carsickness Preventor. Here's the picture.



The idea is that if the person doesn't sense from peripheral vision all the stuff going by really fast, then they won't get car sick. She's so funny. So you put these glasses on, and then you don't have any peripheral vision. There are a few canyons around here with really winding roads. Maybe we'll try it out this weekend.



And, of course, I need a picture of Julia:


This is the closest I've come to capturing this certain smile of hers that just literally takes over her whole face. See how it squeezes her little eyes shut tight. It just melts your heart to see it in person. She's so sweet.



And another one just for good measure.



And I can't leave out Samuel:

He was eating a smoothie with his breakfast burrito. You know how it can get stuck at the bottom of the cup. Well, he tipped it way up to get it to come down, and then it all came down and plopped on his sweet face. Such a cute kid.



3 comments:

bethanne said...

I love all of the pictures and the stories. That baby is too much. Her smile is adorable. It must be all the sleep she is getting!

Erika said...

CUTE kids!!! Love all the pictures. And that Lindsay...what a creative mind. I loved her invention.

Julia looks so much like your mom to me...lucky girl! What a darling baby.

Homewiththekids said...

Great pics. Lindsay, Lindsay... what a character. That mind will take her places. Can't wait to see what she comes up with next. OK - good view of Julia's smashing blue eyes. I miss you guys!!!