Monday, May 11, 2009

Miles' 9th Birthday

Monday, May 4th, was Miles' 9th birthday. It's hard to believe that he's 9 years old. I always feel this pressure to make my kids' birthdays be extra special. I guess it's just the mom-guilt thing I've got goin'. I think he had a great birthday this year. I know I had a great time celebrating with him. I just love this kid!!

For breakfast, he ordered the Grandpa Call special: waffles with strawberries, ice cream, and whipped cream. I don't think I had my camera out at this point, but just imagine: kids + ice cream + in the morning before school = heaven for kids. I have to admit I enjoyed mine, too.
Then, I brought some donuts to school for his celebration there. After school, I surprised him by taking us all to see the new Disney movie: Earth. It's the one that was released on Earth Day this year. It was awesome and totally up my kids' alley. We were the only ones in the entire movie theater, so I wasn't worried at all when Julia lost interest and started walking around the place, talking loudly. It didn't even phase me when Lindsay started in on her antics and ran to the absolute top of the theater for some reason or another. We never quite know with her...
Daddy was able to meet us at the movie. Then, we all went to Old Chicago for some pizza. The original plan was to go to Olive Garden per Miles' request, but we were all too full on popcorn and soda to eat a full meal. Plus, the Old Chicago was right there by the movie theater. Thanks again, Dad, for being the "voice of reason" and suggesting we wait until Grandma and Grandpa are here to go to Olive Garden.

Also, this week we got the rest of our vegetable garden in. Well, not ALL the way in, but it's all completely ready for the seeds. It's even "Daisy proof". Tim rigged up a great little fence that should keep her (and the bunnies in our neighborhood) out of our veggies.

I even tried to get a little artsy in some of my pictures. I hope you're all as impressed as I was. I just switched around some of the settings on my little digital camera. Remember the one that had the mysterious black dot in the upper right corner of every picture. Well, good news: the dot is somehow gone. I have no idea how or why. I'm just grateful.

Well, I'm violating my own personal curfew here. It's after 10:30pm, and I'm still on the computer. That's a no-no.
Here are the pictures:

Miles with his make-shift blind-fold (an extra outfit for Julia from my purse) Hey, sometimes ya gotta improvise, people! :):)


Ready to open his presents


Oooohhh, the excitement: a new WII game and CANDY!!!

I know, I know. I really out did myself.


Aaand, just for fun: the kids dressed up on "Dress Like Your Teacher Day"



A fun day at the park recently

Getting the final "riggings" done on the vegetable garden
My attempt at "artsy": a spring bud on our apple tree
There's just something about a warm, summer evening. Dusk when it's still warm and kind of late is just about our favorite. Julia had a late nap, and so she got to stay up and play with brother.

Getting spoiled with breakfast in bed on Mother's Day!! I am so blessed.

2 comments:

emily said...

Well, I for one truly am impressed. Beck's bday consisted of nothing nearly so fancy! And, he said it was the best birthday of his life - whewf. I don't do the big friend 'party' thingy. Good blogging Caroline.

Larissa said...

Happy Birthday Miles!