Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Class of 2021!!

Samuel had his Kindergarten Graduation on Thursday. Grandma Helen and Grandpa Joe were able to be here for it (Grandma Helen needed a crown, and their visit luckily coincided with "graduation".). Also, Daddy got to take off work for it. We are sure proud of Samuel. He has worked hard all year. He's been quick to sit down and do his writing assignments each week. He's also been a good friend to his classmates. His teacher says that he is very good at being kind and respectful. What a sweetheart. We love this kid!!

Okay, so it scanned in kinda weird, but you get the idea. Isn't he a cute graduate?

We also finally got our vegetables planted in our vegetable garden. Some of everything: tomato, zucchini, yellow squash, beans, swiss chard, bok choy, red onion, cantelope, butternut squash, and some herbs. Now, we'll see if it grows. It's been raining/drizzling ever since we put it in. Maybe that's a good sign. My in-laws, who were visiting from Western New York (where the weather was perfect this weekend), were so nice about the rainy weather. They just kept on saying that it was good for the garden, too.

Maybe I'll find some pictures from their visit.



look how curly Lindsay's hair is getting


the May Birthday Boys: Joseph and Miles Joseph

the happy hikers: Samuel, Grandpa Joe, Miles, Tim, and Julia

Wesley on the front porch

Miles with his new braces

more of my bed-headed beauty, Julia

1 comment:

Diane Arnett Gardiner said...

I found this loose slip of paper in my calendar!! It's YOU and YOUR ADDRESS!! SO FUN! SO here I am writing a little note to my old friend to say what an ADORABLE family you have! I'm watching a friends kids in trade for girls camp. (I've got hers this week while her stake is gone and she'll watch mine in 2 weeks when I'm gone)7 boys under the age of 7...and the natives are getting restless, so I will check out ALL of you blog when they are settled...mayube at movie time eh?