Sunday, August 23, 2009

How I Survived the Last Three Weeks of Summer: my niece, Lynette

We started out last summer with having Lynette come home with us after our week in New York. She stayed with us for an extra 10 days or so. This year we got her for a whole three weeks and two days. It was heaven, at least, for me. She is such a smart, strong, awesome young woman. It was so fun to have someone to talk to and visit with. We got her hair cut in a really cute, sassy cut. She went with us out to BYU. We were there for the conference of the LDS Academy of Dentists. But while we were there, she got to take a tour of BYU (with a super cute 24 year old who served in the Arcade Branch, but it wasn't a date...). She almost gave Tim a heart attack when he let her drive his car home from his office. She had her permit. How was I supposed to know that she had only ever driven one time before? They made it home alive, thankfully. And even if she had run into that fire hydrant when she pushed the gas instead of the brake, what harm could it have really done to Tim's $900 old jalopy. (Did you know that you could still buy a car for that cheap?)

Here she is with her cute new do:
Are my kids the only ones who totally obsess on Chuck E. Cheese? What is the fascination? Anyway, Lynette's in this second picture, too. The first picture is from a time that Wesley, Julia, and I went while the other kids were at school. The second is from a annual trip during the summer. We always make a list of things we want to do during the summer, and somehow going to C.E.C. is always near the top. Weird.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

I've decided it's PBS. My kids haven't ever been, but believe me, they want to.