Sunday, December 30, 2007

Remember this December?

Catherine, baby Matthew, Daniel, Caroline, Dad or Don, Jr., Douglas, Christopher, David (how could you not recognize that dark skin?)

Okay. My siblings (and there are a lot of them: 6 brothers and 1 sister) will definitely remember this. It was one of our favorite Christmas traditions. When we woke up on Christmas morning, we'd all dive into Mom and Dad's bed and wait for everyone else. In this picture, I count 8 of us, but I can't tell if it's Dad in the middle with us (and we're all impatiently waiting for big brother#1, Don) or if that's actually Don in there with us, and we've just plain kicked out Mom and Dad. Either way, it's a priceless photo with fond memories attached. Mom, don't be too mad that I absconded it. I'll give it back soon. Promise. :):)
Merry Christmas, everyone. I miss you all.




3 comments:

Erika said...

What a great picture and memory! I LOVED your Christmas card. What a beautiful baby and an amazing picture on the front!! And such a beautiful family!

Homewiththekids said...

What a fun picture! Great memories. How did we all survive so many siblings? Wouldn't change it for the world. I love reflecting on the fun times and giving a little chuckle at how scrappy we all looked Christmas morning. Mom and Dad's room looks way better these days. I guess it's just a bit of a reminder of how tight funds were back in the day. Crazy. Love, your cute sis!

bethanne said...

Caroline, I just love that you used the word "absconded" in this post. I would say that is a fifty cent word. Aren't those pictures the best? The one you e-mailed was a crack-up. Isn't great that everyone gets better with time and age? I know we alwys say this, but we have all got to start scanning and sharing all of the great old pictures we have of everyone. I know that Aunt Julie has some doozies. As I look at all of the pictures I notice that I wasn't the only scrappy child around. :)