Saturday, January 12, 2008

Fun in the Snow

Okay, so one of the reasons we liked Colorado was that it has all four seasons, but (at least down here in what they call the Front Range) the four seasons aren't all that extreme. People kept saying. "Yes, it snows, but then it melts off the next day." Or things like, "We hardly ever get a white Christmas, and if we do, it's melted off right after." Not that we mind the snow. I mean, this is a half Buffalo, NY family. (Samuel is constantly running outside in freezing temperatures without his coat yelling to me, "Mom, I don't need a coat. Remember? I'm a Buffalo boy like Daddy!" He was, after all, born in Buffalo like his Daddy.) So, last year, when we got pummelled with a foot or two of snow every Friday for about 4 weeks in a row, we were all delighted. I think it was during Uncle Dan's visit around Christmas that we came up with the idea of pulling the kids behind Tim's junker car in tubes on the snow-packed roads around our neighborhood. Now, before you go looking up the number to Child Protective Services, we go slowly. And only once has Tim taken a corner so fast that it whiplashed Miles all the way around the car by the front wheel...:):) Let's just say it's moderately safe, wholesome family recreation.


Here are some pictures from this year's excursion. Now that I think about it. I'm pretty sure I posted some from last year's trip, but I'll save you the bother of scrolling down through a year's worth of posts (which for me is really only about 10...) and put them here.





Lindsay and Wesley


Samuel and Miles

3 comments:

emily said...

Looks like fun! We were out in the snow as well today...but not behind the junker car! :)

eldredgered said...

that sounds like fun, i am so not surprised to hear you say that tim has a junker car. does he still have his little collecting hobby? i really miss you guys!

Homewiththekids said...

Laughing some more... oh how I long to live closer. I went to a funeral today of a sweet lady I never met, to lead the music. You know me, I left and started bawling in the car because I miss you all so much. Made the mistake of calling mom while bawling and she thought something was wrong, but had a wonderful conversation and was back to my real self. Not sure how she used to sing at so many funerals. I never noticed her coming home crying! Love, me