Thursday, June 04, 2009

June is Bustin' Out All O-o-ver!!

I'll never get over the time when I was living at my Aunt Tami's house in Provo for a spring semester at BYU. I was in the bathroom and just feeling the happiness that is spring, so I sang that phrase out loud. Seriously, someone from their neighbor's house (the Ostergars) sang out the other half of the phrase in reply. It was such a classic moment.

Lindsay had her last day of elementary school. She had a graduation ceremony on Thursday. She looked so beautiful and grown up. I am so amazed at the young woman she is becoming. some of the other girls really dressed inappropriately. I was so glad that she hasn't tried to look and act older than she is.

The kids had their last day of school last Friday. It's always such an exhilarating moment: School's out!!! I've been apprehensive about summer coming. I don't always (let's see how to put this nicely but still honestly...) get the most out of summer. There aren't a lot of kids in our neighborhood, and when left to entertain ourselves, the kids and I sometimes get on each others' nerves. Sad but true. Oh well. Tim is so sweet. He's been constantly saying, "So, who can we have over? Invite someone over for lunch tomorrow. Who are you going to see?" I guess it's easier for him to plan something in advance than to come home after a long day's work and have to pick up the pieces of a failed day at home. Love that man.

Anyway, so to celebrate the beginning of summer, we had a few families over for s'mores and festivities. We have a huge backyard, and it really can absorb a lot of people. We had fun.

Here are some pictures from the week:


Lindsay with her diploma




the kids after the bell rang for summer: Miles, Samuel, Lindsay, Evie (a neighbor), and Wesley


Our neighbor, Noah, had a bouncy house for his birthday party. The party was only in the morning, but they had the bouncy house the whole day. We all got a chance to play in it.


Tim, Miles, Noah



Wesley, Luke, Mom, Julia


Julia and Mom

No comments: