Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Family Tradition Continues

It felt like every single Saturday night we'd take a bath, get in our jammies, and head downstairs to get our fingernails and toenails clipped while we watched "The Lawrence Welk Show". Seriously. If tradtions are something that families do to increase a sense of belonging and well-being then this one surely served its purpose. I think my brother Chris was the most fond of the show, but we all enjoyed it, I'm sure.

Well, the other Saturday night when Tim was still out of town, wouldn't you know it? "The Lawrence Welk Show" was on PBS. It was great. I was telling the kids how I used to always watch it growing up. Then, I was laughing with them about the guys' bright red suits. Lindsay realized that they matched almost exactly to the red suit coat she had "inherited" from Great-Grandma Shirley's closet this summer. She had to run upstairs and put it on. Thus began a great Dress Up Dance Off. I was so glad I had my camera.
Lindsay and Wesley (both sporting numbers from Great-Grandma's closet)
Samuel looking good in a dress from Great-Grandma and the wig and hat from our dressup box (the modeling pose and suave look are all his own)
Wesley busting a move
Yep, we let Wesley's hair "grow out". It would probably look similar to this without frequent cuts.
Miles doing a pretty good "Elvis". Thank you, thank you very much...
Samuel
Julia had to be part of the action.

Tim took my dinky camera with him to Guatemala, so I had his fancy one from the office. Unfortunately, it had on the really fancy "macro" lens, I think. So I could only get close-ups of everyone. Oh well...

1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

These are great photos, Caroline. So fun to see your family.

=)