Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Where have I been?

I know you've all been wondering where I've been.  I was actually on a roll there for a while with regular posting.  I have to remember that you are now checking this blog, Grandma Helen, then I will remember to be more regular at posting.

Well, what's been happening?  I went out to Provo for a week to visit my sister, Catherine.  She just recently had the brain bleed and is still recuperating.  It was so great to see her.  Her mother-in-law, who by the way is an angel and has been there for over a month taking care of everything, said that Catherine perked right up whenever I came over.  I just stayed at my Aunt Tami's house which is right around the corner from Catherine's house.  It was ideal.  I would wake up, get Julia and Calvin some breakfast (the school aged kids stayed home with Tim's Office Manager, Riana, as their babysitter), and head over to see what Catherine was up to.  We'd usually go get something yummy for lunch then head back to our respective houses for nap-time.  Then meet up again to go get something yummy for dinner.  There are so many good places to eat in Provo.  YUM!!!  But, I do have to say that their cupcake place is not as good as our Buttercream Cupcakery here in Fort Collins.  Don't worry, that didn't stop me from polishing off the dozen that I, er, Tim bought me for my birthday.  (Tim's so tolerant.  I always come home with things I've bought for myself from him.  Hey, what can I say?  I know the guy's busy and extremely money-spending averse, so I save him the time and trouble and buy it for myself...)  I didn't have my camera with me in Provo, or I did but I didn't use it at all.  She took a picture of us together.  You know, she had to have her head shaved from the brain troubles.  She still looks gorgeous, too.  You can check out the picture of her new do on her blog here.

Then, it seems like all last week was spent recovering from being gone for a week.  And, I have no excuse for why I haven't blogged this week except that it's just the same ol', same ol' around here.  Keeping people fed and clothed.  Putting out fires and putting on band-aids.

Miles had an Autobiography due this last week.  In going through some pictures of him, I could NOT believe the resemblance between Calvin and him.  I know Calvin looks like all the boys, but I think he looks the most like Miles.  Wesley always had those cheeks.  Samuel has a little something different about his nose and face shape.  Calvin and Miles are seriously the same.  I could never tell the pictures of them apart.  (Except for the fact that all of Miles' pictures are non-digital)

Here are some pictures that I haven't posted yet in other posts but that don't necessarily go with anything I've said today.  I just can't blog without putting in a picture.

Wesley playing school and dress-up with Lindsay as the teacher and ringleader

a picture of Julia that Lindsay took from the top bunk looking down at Julia with her blankie where it usually is when she's trying to walk and go somewhere while holding it

the cutest little sous chef, note: those blue sweats were given to us for Lindsay almost 13 years ago from a dear friend in PT school.  Seriously, they've lasted through SIX KIDS!!  

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Your sister is beautiful. How great that you got to spend some time with her.

I love when you update. Makes me happy to feel connected to you still.