Thursday, June 04, 2009

A Parenting First...

And with five kids, you know it's got to be something weird, if it's only now happened to me. All right, all you readers out there (I'm pretty sure there might be a grand total of 5 of you...hee, hee), if you are weak stomach-ed or faint heart-ed, DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER. And let me just say now that, NO, I do not have any pictures of this incident. The mental picture is emblazened in my mind forever.

So, I have the boys and Julia in the bath. Yes, that's four kids in the bath. (I can't believe I'm actually writing this down...sigh). Thinking back, I seem to recollect that Julia had some pretty potent gas before the bath, but there was nothing in her diaper. We just went along with the bath as normal. I'm gettin' people sham-poo-ed (a little foreshadowing for you) and all cleaned up when I notice that Julia has assumed a strange position at the shallower end of the tub. I look over and see a little something on her back side, if you know what I mean. Thinking about it now, I'm not sure why I made the next choice. Maybe I thought it would be too hard to get all three boys out of the bath quickly. Maybe it was a positioning thing. Her little fanny was pointing right towards me. Probably I'll never know why I did what I did next. Really, don't keep reading if you want to still respect me in the morning. I reached over and caught the BM with my own two bare hands!!!! SO SICK! The boys couldn't have been more delighted. It was right up their potty humor alley. I was so grossed out. But I'm tellin' ya. That option was way easier than option B with the BM getting into the bath water and having to do an emergency evacuation of the tub in 3 seconds or less while the darned thing floated around and contaminated everyone.

So, now, are you sufficiently grossed out? I certainly was.

7 comments:

lmhiserman said...

That is hysterical. I cannot believe you actually caught it. You are a brave woman. I have had the poop in the tub happen, a couple of times, in fact. Not fun to have to evacuate, scrub and bleach down the tub, and then rewash everyone. I think your way was much smarter! I really do miss you.

bethanne said...

Tears!! I am seriously so grossed out but I am laughing to the point of tears! That's definately a perfect example of the less glamorous side of motherhood!

jt said...

Only you Caroline, only you.

here's a random thought? remember our BLACK tub in our college apartment? So sick!!!

Diane Arnett Gardiner said...

I would have done the same thing...good work MOM!

Jen said...

Love you girl! I was expecting the blow out in the bathtub!! You were the hero!!

Homewiththekids said...

Hilarious!!! I MISS YOU!

Jocelyn said...

Laughing my head off!!!!!!