Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Gingerbread Houses

I know I'm late, but I'm trying to get to Samuel's Baptism pictures for Grandma Helen.  Sorry, Helen.  I've got to sort of do this in order, or it'll never get done.

Some years I delude myself into thinking that making Gingerbread Houses from scratch could be a fun activity to do with the kids.  This year, I didn't even let myself go there.  While out at Target on another errand, I noticed they had four different types of Gingerbread Creations, and I bought one of each in anticipation of a neighborhood gingerbread party that the gal two doors down was planning.  It was stressful enough putting those things together.  The kids also made some at school.  Here they are...

Here's the one Miles made at school.

Samuel's from school.  I found out later that one of the Dad's who was "helping" for the day dumped the remaining candy into Samuel's gingerbread house.  As if this boy needs any encouragement to eat more candy...

A cute picture of the drooler...

Wesley's creation from the neighborhood gingerbread house-making party.  I think he had fun.  What do you think?

Miles in the process of creating.  His got very ornate by the end and very beautiful, if I do say so myself...

Lindsay and Julia's creation


Samuel's tipsy train.  He started pouring the candy into the train at the end here, too.  Thanks, Mr. Campbell.

The whole gang that gathered at the Spagnuola's house:
Winter, Robbie, Julia, Charlie, Noah, Calvin, Lindsay, Luke, Miles, Reagan, Samuel, Tyler.
I don't know where Wesley was for this picture.

1 comment:

Homewiththekids said...

Interesting that candy dumping dad didn't dump the candy in his own kids' gingerbread house! Great pictures. I'm trying to motivate myself to get some updates going too. Wouldn't it be great to post once a month! Great New Year's resolution. Love, me