Sunday, January 02, 2011

Thanksgiving 2010

We spent Thanksgiving in Utah with most of my family.  My sister, Catherine, lives in Provo now, so we sort of had her house as our headquarters.  My oldest brother, Don, lives in Draper.  He and his three kids joined us for most of the time.  And my second oldest brother, Dave, lives in Kaysville.  They were gracious enough to host the whole crew for the feast at their beautiful new home.  My second youngest brother, Chris, and his wife, Natalie, and their two boys, Conner and Cooper drove up from CA, and my parents flew in from CA as well.  We missed Dan and Marni, Doug, and Matt and Leslie and their boys, but we had everyone else there.  It was a real treat.  I don't think I have any pictures from the time in UT, but I got a cool shot of the crazy WY road on the drive there.  The weather was really sketchy.  There was a huge storm in UT that we sort of missed, but we made the trip safely after all.

the sketchy road in WY


My sister is supposed to send me some more pictures, so hopefully I'll put some more up here soon.

One of the more memorable moments was when Lindsay returned from a Girl Cousins' Sleepover.  Kylie, Brianna, Angie, Mikaela, and Lindsay slept over (well, they stayed over...apparently they didn't get to sleep until 6am...) at Uncle Dave's house.  The other girls spent TWO HOURS straightening her hair.  She won't even let me brush it, so I don't know how she managed to let them fuss over it for two long hours.  Ahhh, the power of cousins...Aunt Trisha is an aesthetician, so she had the honor of waxing Lindsay's eyebrows for the first time (I was sort of disappointed to miss the moment we had always known was coming...).  And they put make-up on her.  When she walked into Catherine's house that night, my heart almost stopped.  She looked like 20 year old.  She's so tall already and with all that make-up on...I just couldn't believe my eyes.  I was relieved when the old Lindsay returned.  Everyone commented on how beautiful she looked, but she just rolled her eyes, ran downstairs, and took the make-up off immediately.  She's so funny.

It was a great Thanksgiving.  We have so much to be thankful for.  More pictures to come...

1 comment:

emily said...

my kind of girl. :) Now I see why nobody was in CA when I was THERE for Thanksgiving!