Sunday, January 02, 2011

Julia's Birthday

I'm way behind in all this, but I thought I'd try to catch up.  My mother-in-law (Hi, Helen!) has finally found out how to check this blog, so I'm going to be extra diligent in trying to keep up on our life for her.

Our little Julia turned three!  She has been planning her birthday with a Dora Cake for about 8 months.  She knew it would be after the kids go back to school, after Halloween, then it would be her birthday.  We had some of the other 3 year olds from Church and their families over for pizza, games, and birthday cake.  Lindsay planned and ran the whole birthday party.  She had fun games set up for the kids.  There was Pin the Tail on Swiper, fishing, and a scavenger hunt/Dora challenge type thing.  She even made a cute replica of Dora's Map that she carries in her BackPack.  It was so much fun.  In true Julia form, she enjoyed every single second of the extra attention and friends.  She exudes happiness and enthusiasm.  I'm getting all soft inside just thinking of her.  Today, she actually went for her first day at Sunbeams.  Can she really be three?  It seems like just yesterday...

on the scavenger hunt in the basement

fishing for Dollar Store prizes

the big sister who made it all happen

eating pizza with friends

with her cute friend Kirsten

the long-awaited Dora cake!

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

She is so darling. And I'm so impressed that you had a 3 year old party. I got anxiety from a 6 year old party. Thank goodness for big sisters, I guess! I can't believe how much Lindsay has grown. Sheesh.