Monday, January 03, 2011

I'm Married to an Old Man...

This was at a Christmas Party that a family at the kids' school puts on every year.  They have so many lights it's unreal.  About 25 minutes after we got there, the transformer blew from all of the electricity they were using.  My Boy Scout just went right out to the car and got his headlamps.  We could still see to eat some goodies before heading home.

Here he is with his birthday cake.  Instead of putting 40 candles on it, we put the candles in the form of a forty.  He's perfected the art of looking stoned in pictures.  I know.  It's a great picture, but it's the only one we took.  Happy birthday, Daddy.  We love you!



It's official.  I'm married to an old man.  Tim turned 40 on December 19th.  He is very low key about birthdays.  He told me over and over again that he didn't want anything special for his 40th.  He didn't even want any special gifts.  He said all that he wanted was for us to all be nice and peaceful for his birthday.  Nothing like hoping for the impossible.  Really, it would have been easier to go spend a few bucks.  Well, we tried to honor his birthday wish, and I think we were pretty successful.

Here they all are in their Christmas outfits.
We had to go to Church early for the Choir's Christmas program.  Lindsay, Miles, and Samuel sang in the ward choir with me.  It was a lot of fun.  A few people commented on how cute it was to see so many from our family up there.  I had to tell them that my cute Mom has been the Ward Choir Director for 35+ years.  It was just a part of Christmas to sing in the choir for our family.  It was really fun to share that "tradition" with some of my kids this year.

1 comment:

mysite said...

Nice Post!
I would like to know more about your blog. You may also visit my blog and tell me what you think.